We finally got our hands on Commando: The Autobiography of Johnny Ramone and can’t get over how funny this is:
When I had chemo, I was sick, and I couldn’t tell if it was from the chemo or the cancer. My hair fell out three weeks after the first treatment, in two days, in huge clumps. I mean, I know it’s just hair, but it was devastating. I got a wig made that cost four thousand dollars. I wore it one time, to the premiere of Rob Zombie’s movie, and I felt ridiculous. No one could tell, but I felt that someone might be able to. I gave it to Eddie Vedder; he likes that stuff. One night he was hanging out with Theo Epstein. He called me the next day and said, “I was drunk last night and took photos with the wig on.” He sent them to me and they were hysterical. Eddie and Theo, drinking and wearing the wig. The photos were worth the four grand.”
Eddie Vedder and Theo Epstein Photo Credit: MTV Hive
Today marks the one week anniversary of the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. We do realize that admitting to watching MTV for its music coverage is like Uncle Creepy explaining that he subscribes to Playboy for the gripping articles. However, there were a few gleaming moments during this year’s VMAs that have made us wonder:
1) How exactly did Lady Gaga pull an Invasion of the Bodysnatchers on Ralph Macchio circa 1984? Was an animal sacrifice involved? Will there be a meat suit?
2) Does Sony already have a three album contract drafted for Baby Beyoncé?
3) Does the resemblance between Zooey Deschanel and Katy Perry freak anyone else out?
4) Wait…what? Is that really BRIAN FREAKING MAY?!?
5) Who would be dumb enough to challenge Jack Black to a dance-off? Odd Future, have you not seen this man’s “four pronged attack?”